Sunday, April 20, 2008

On target

I think I'm ahead of my goal of 52 books this year. I just finished 21 and 22. Since Yesterday.

I picked up Remember to Say "Mouth" and Face by Omar Casteneda. It was strange and compelling, not unlike watching a train wreck at times.

After I put that down, I still felt like reading so I rooted through the pile of books in Rachael's room and pulled out House of the Scorpion that she's been begging me to read ever since she attended the writer's camp almost five years ago.

It was wonderful and I finished it this morning. Have you ever read a book that you wish was twice as long? This is one of those.

We got up and wandered around garage sales yesterday. It was gorgeous out. It was that perfect temperature that requires no adjustment at all. Not cool, not warm, just right!

I've been still looking for the "right" table and we found it right away in good condition. It matches all the other mission style stuff that we have and it was five bucks. This was a win-win-win situation. Don't you love it when that happens?

We went out last night on our bi-weekly date with Becca. We went to Nandina's and had sushi and curry. The curry was okay, kind of warm but the sushi was wonderful and reasonably priced. I want to go back and just freaking binge on sushi and Ashai Black label beer.

We wandered about and people watched for a while on Greenville and listened to Becca tell us oh so very many things. It was wonderful. We marveled at the number of bleached-blonds and fake boobs that we saw. I guess some folks like that in a look, but to us it is comical. Whatever.

We're down to counting Mondays left on one hand after tomorrow. Most everyone I know is so over this school year. Time to do something else.