Monday, July 10, 2017

I Want to Run an One Room Schoolhouse One Day

I'm so excited that I get to and spend time with dear relatives in the near future.  It's going to be challenging because I've already been tried and judged.  The issue is known and impeccably packaged and on the table.

It's politics.  

I"m a pariah.  They still love me because they have to and think I'm probably stupid.  I still love them regardless and I know they are under informed.

I'm stupid and they are ignorant and OH aren't we going to have fun.

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.

The opening shot goes across the bow within 30 minutes of me getting home. Last time I responded that we'd all have a better time if we didn't discuss politics.  My parents did teach me manners.

So odd, at my "advanced" age that I still have apprehension about visiting the home of my parents.
I hope that we will have a lot of good old fashioned reminiscing and tell some tales.  I'll work on shooting pictures of the family albums with my phone and upload to the web.

I hope to God that there is not some kind of media shit storm while I'm there.  LA is already weird.  Add that to the FOX NEWS burned into the corner of the TV set......

The beach is only a half mile away.  I can run away from the house and go drink Margaritas at El Torito and call my mother to pick me up or Uber to drop me off.  If it is a Big Ugly Tweet, I bet I can get mom to buy.