Saturday, January 26, 2008

Book 7 2008

I decided to pick up the other Jane Austen. I've got a volume of the complete novels plus Lady Susan but I'd just never read the shorter piece.

This book was one I picked up at Barnes and Noble the other day. This one is called Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon.

Today has been one of my low key Saturdays spent in pajamas. I really should have gone to the doctor. I just did not want to get dressed. I may have to go to the doc in the box tomorrow. I've got a nice ear infection which perforated last night. I feel for small children and understand why they cry.

I just don't understand why I started getting ear infections at 45. I was never prone to them before. Not freaking fair. Gin had one for her first birthday and I think did not get another until 23. Rachael was never prone to them, but she and Gin and I all got one within 3 weeks of each other. It's making me crazy.

Today was "gronk" movie day, but we seemed to go for the romantic comedy. Mark has loved having the DVR that we got last year and has recorded all kinds of stuff. He started recording Designing Women for me because he knew that I enjoyed it. Today "Mannequin" was on which we have seen a million times, but not since we've watched so many Designing Women episodes. He wanted to see Mesach Taylor in a new light. It was fun.

I guess we are returning to some gronk. Batman Returns is on and there is lots of bang bang blow em up stuff going on (you can tell I really pay attention).

Mark did indulge me and we watched the last bit of Miss America. I read an article that details the decline of the show. I remember the glory days of Phyllis George and Shirley Cothran (both from Denton). And that really cute girl from Conway, Arkansas. Tonight's show was reminiscent of every reality show that is currently on TV. Miss Texas did some weird kind of jazz-ballet thing. It's hard to be objective with dancers as we've given birth to one, and Mark is the child of another.

I think my girl is every bit as good if not better than the girl I saw perform tonight. (not that I'm biased.

I'm diving in. I'm really thrilled that I've put to bed 7 books to bed already in 2008. That gives me some fudge room for book #8 which has 1060 pages. It will take me a while. I hope I can finish it before March 1.

I've been steadily rabble rousing and will continue to do so over the next week. More will be revealed!